1. What is the working title of the book?
papa’s bones/march of the daughters. i can’t pick between the two. does mama have to?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
there is a creepy old man who looks like harry dean stanton, jr who hides under my bed sometimes. he whispers fairy tales to me when i can’t fall asleep & tells me everything’s going to be okay… i am lulled to sleep by his whispering & dream of his craggy face.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
horror? dystopia? post-apocalyptica?
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
harry dean def = papa. the protagonist = some ingénue (but mama’d hafta go all misogynist kubrik/hitchcock on her). the love interest = some ingénue (but mama’d hafta go all misandrist kubrik/hitchcok on him, too).
5. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
still writing that 1st draft. mama’s 1st book, Homegirl!, took four months. harry dean’s been lounging under my bed for longer than that now. he’s covered in dog hair & kleenexes & condom cums, & he wants out…
6. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
bad things happen to good peeps & it is what it is so don’t fuck it up & make it work?
there’s a bad old man who takes young girls & farms them.
7. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
mama’s been inspired by anyone who writes anything cos they love to write & not cos they wants a name or the $$. that, & the thought of all the $$s mama’s gonna make.
8. What else about your book might pique readers' interest?
there will be dirty pictures.
they will look like this:
9. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
mama has to quote the poet, stacia fleegal here: “Neither. Support indie publishing" cos a) the sentiments are fucking spot on & b) stacia's the gracious one who tagged the mamas.
10. My tagged writers for next Wednesday (March 13) are: